MANNARINO Systems & Software is pleased to offer a free of charge seminar in the areas of RTCA/DO-178C (Software Aspects of Certification – Design Assurance Level D), co-located with the USC-STC #UC19Ottawa Unmanned Conference.
National certification authorities are in process of defining new regulations concerning Remotely Piloted Aerial Systems (RPAS)/drones. Some of these new regulations include, or are expected to include, Design Standards for the RPAS including their subsystems and software. The focus of this seminar is on systems and software development processes which can achieve certification authority design approval. We will also discuss how to ensure your software is ready for certification and how to minimize certification and development costs.
- An overview of regulatory requirements governing the design and development of airborne software including recent RPAS regulations.
- An overview of certification & systems aspects of design and development of airborne software.
- Safety/System flow down of requirements to hardware & software.
- Why DO-178C Design Assurance Level (DAL) D can be an affordable certification alternative for RPAS manufacturers & suppliers.
- Contrast DO-178C DAL D certification objectives with other DAL objectives & learn the criteria for establishing the appropriate DAL.
- Possible approaches to establish a solid basis for certification and latitude to re-use certification life cycle data as future needs evolve.
- Potential project cost expectations & metrics.
- How MANNARINO can help capitalize on work already accomplished.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- RPAS Systems, Software & electronic Hardware Engineers.
- RPAS Project Managers.
- Anyone interested in learning about DO-178C DAL-D Guidelines.
For Registration Click HERE
LOCATION AND DATE
October 29, 2019 at 1:30 PM
The Westin Ottawa, 11 Colonel By Drive Ottawa, Ontario K1N 9H4 Canada (MAP)
Free of charge. Number of seats is limited.