Our Marketing and Communications Committee heard your requests to help share event notices more regularly with our community. Through 2019, our Committee’s immediate and longer-term goals are to:
- Update this page every few weeks to add industry workshops, industry conferences, webinars, etc.
- Highlight in monthly issues of USC-STC News any events that USC-STC members, sponsors, or project partners may be hosting or speaking.
- Build up our volunteer USC-STC Communications Committee to expand our reach and increase the impact of our work for our members and the larger ecosystem of Canada’s unmanned/ remotely-piloted vehicle systems experts.
Industry Events To Consider
We’ll be looking for your support to help build out a dynamic, robust calendar of events in Canada’s aerial, ground and marine sectors!
Events led by USC-STC and our members will be featured every month (for free) here. Our Communications Committee will be looking to create a new, interactive online calendar as we revamp our website in 2019.
- Jan. 29 – Western Drone Operators Association FREE Meet and Greet night 6:30-7:30pm at InDro Robotics corporate office in Vancouver, BC
- Feb. 12 & 13 – M3 Aerial’s Compliant RPAS Ground School Training in Southport, MB
- Mar. 5 – Manitoba Precision Agriculture Workshop in Southport, MB
- April 14 – Aviation, Aerospace & Air Cadets Career Expo in Mississauga, ON
- April 24 to 27 – (see FAMEX 2019 in Mexico City, Mexico article, see more in the issue of USC-STC News)
- May 3 to 6 – USC-STC’s 12th Annual National Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Student Competition at CED Alma, QC
- May 25 to 26 – USC-STC’s First Annual National Unmanned Ground Vehicle (UGV) Student Competition in Ottawa, ON
- October 30 to November 1 – USC-STC’s #UC19Ottawa 17th Annual National Unmanned Systems Canada Conference and Trade Show in Ottawa, ON
Help us expand this event list by emailing [email protected] to include your upcoming workshops, speaking gigs, conferences, webinars, etc. Please include dates, locations, links, pics or graphics, and costs – including if you’re offering a USC-STC member-to-member discount…hint, hint! We’d love a follow-up article and pics to report back to our community.
We’ll do our best to support more networking and education campaigns this year. We know that our national annual conference is Canada’s premiere event – this year, its #UC19Ottawa – but smaller regional events are important to share ideas and build relationships across our industry. Again email [email protected] to share your industry events.
We’re working out the details to try to get USC-STC members
- Kate Klassen of Coastal Drones (and USC-STC Director) hosted a Facebook Live Webcast January 14 to share insights about new regulations. Over 80 participants joined in…watch Kate HERE
- Dawson Church (Western Drone Operators Association) and Kristin Kozuback of InDro Robotics (and USC-STC Director) are hosting a ‘Meet, Greet & Reg’s Review Night’ January 29th from 6:30-7:
30pmat the InDro Robotics Vancouver office. Discussions will continue at a nearby Yaletown pub. Check out the link for info and to Register now
Join our USC-STC Communications Committee!
We need your help to consider rebranding our association, create an online events calendar, increase our social media outreach, and enable our members to host and promote more events. Email
Got ideas, energy and/or technical resources to share?
If you can join a one-hour monthly Committee meeting and have a few hours to contribute to support our national industry association initiatives each month, please email Kristin today!
Don’t forget to [email protected] with your own networking/education event info or to ‘get on our list’ as we work out ways to increase local community engagements. We’ll try to highlight them in upcoming newsletters or our website. USC-STC member events will be prioritized, of course.
Plus, as we develop new branded educational materials & slides, we might recruit YOU to keep sharing info that keeps our industry growing!