Professional drone/UAV/RPAS operators, manufacturers, software developers, trainers, industry suppliers, students and academia are encouraged to respond before March 30th, 2019 to the new national ‘RPAS Environmental Study.’
March 19, 2019 – Unmanned Systems Canada / Systèmes Télécommandés Canada is encouraging our members and industry contacts to participate in a national research study that will provide critical industry information to Transport Canada’s Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) Task Force.
Research company Avascent has been contracted by Transport Canada to conduct a research study for the RPAS Task Force, the group responsible for shaping the regulatory framework, Canada’s drone safety portal and educational campaigns that will help integrate drones safely into our national airspace.
As Canada’s national industry association, we strongly encourage you to take a few minutes to complete the online survey. Please note:
- USC-STC did not design this survey nor choose its collection method (an online Survey Monkey form). We have agreed to provide survey links and communication support through our newsletter and social media channels to encourage people to share their comments.
- We recognize that there is a short time frame to respond to the survey – it will be open for approximately three weeks.
- We recognize that there are many questions to try to gather some demographic and business information; we have been assured that all responses will remain confidential and anonymized to protect respondents.
- We requested that a French version be made available – please contact [email protected] for a French version. Si vous préfériez compléter ce questionnaire en Français, contactez [email protected] Ils seront ravis de mettre la version française à votre disposition.
- When completing this survey, please focus on RPAS specific operations and activities your company undertakes that occur in Canada.
Your responses are critical to our efforts to assist regulators in advancing effective legislation that will ensure the safety of Canadians and enable economic growth.
To access the English version of the 2019 RPAS Research Study survey, click here.
Si vous préfériez compléter ce questionnaire en Français, contactez [email protected]. Ils seront ravis de mettre la version française à votre disposition
Thank you for your time to participate in this study!
For those of you who have already completed this year’s survey and provided feedback to us via email or our Facebook groups and Twitter feeds, we thank you for your comments. We will continue to compile and forward your feedback to Avascent for their consideration.