Call for candidates is open for nominations for USC-STC’s Board of Directors
To: All Members of Unmanned Systems Canada and interested individuals from the unmanned vehicle community
Unmanned Systems Canada/Systémes Telécommandés Canada (USC-STC) is the national non-profit industry association representing Canada’s innovative community of aerial, ground and marine unmanned vehicle systems. We have a volunteer Board of Directors, various committees and sub-committees, sponsors and growing membership base working together towards our mission:
“To promote and facilitate the growth of the Canadian unmanned vehicle systems community through education, advocacy and the exchange of ideas and technologies.”
“To assist the Canadian unmanned vehicle systems community to achieve leadership in research, development, applications and operations.”
USC-STC is excited to announce that it’s election time!
Many of our current Directors complete their 3-year term this in fall of 2018. In accordance with USC-STC association By-Laws, we are notifying our members and the broader community that we are presently seeking nominations to fill eight (8) positions on its Board of Directors.
We need your help to ensure USC-STC has a leadership team committed to expanding our reach and impact in Canada’s aerial, ground and marine sectors. More details are below, but key dates to note include:
• September 22nd, 2018 – Nomination deadline
Nominations must be received by USC-STC and candidates must be must meet eligibility requirements (more info below)
• September 24th to October 9th, 2018 – Elections Open
USC will post candidate profiles and open the online voting system September 24th, 2018.
• October 29th, 2018 – Announcement of New Board of Directors
Directors will be announced at the USC-STC Annual General Meeting (AGM) in Vancouver, BC prior to the 16th Annual National Unmanned Systems Canada Conference and Trade Show Innovating Canada – By Air, Land, and Sea (October 30th to November 1st, 2018).
USC Board Members are elected for three-year terms. As volunteers for Canada’s national industry association, Board Members are expected to:
• Share their industry expertise to support USC-STC’s mission and goals;
• Participate in at least one monthly Board and/or Committee meeting to direct the work of the Association;
• Participate in at least one USC-STC Committee. Current Committees include Regulations, Finance, Education, Membership, Marketing/Communications, USC Awards, and Conferences/Events. Sub-committees include Student Competitions and Training/Standards Committees.
Board members typically contribute between 4-8 hours per month to assist with strategic planning, marketing and outreach activities, and association management decisions.
Who can nominate a candidate for election?
Any USC-STC Member in good standing may nominate an individual to stand for election to the Board of Directors. Directors currently serving on the Board who complete their terms of office this year are also eligible (and welcome) to stand for re-election.
Eligibility for USC-STC Board of Director Positions
To be eligible for nomination as a candidate for election, individuals must:
- Be a member in good standing with USC-STC. Candidates who are not yet USC-STC members must become a member (either as an individual or through their company/organization) by Sept. 22, 2018.
- Be a resident of Canada.
- Be at least 18 years of age prior to the start of voting.
- Have agreed to stand for election (see below).
USC-STC’s Board Elections sub-committee will contact nominees to confirm that they stand for election and to request a profile picture and/or short description for the voting page that will be hosted on the USC-STC website.
To Nominate a Candidate
The following process for nominations is effective immediately:
- Contact your nominee to confirm that they are willing to stand for election as a Director of USC-STC.
- Provide your name, organization, and email address.
- Provide the name of your nominee, his/her organization, and email address along with confirmation that he/she has agreed to stand for election and meets the eligibility conditions outlined above.
- Send this information to the USC-STC Executive Director, Glenn Martin, at [email protected] with the subject line: “Nomination for USC Board”
Nominees – Send us your Profile!
We thank all candidates who agree to stand for election to a three-year term for USC-
Nominees must email the following ‘USC-STC Board Nominee Profile’ information by September 22nd, 2018.
USC-STC Board Nominee Profile Information
Please email the following information to USC-STC Executive Director, Glenn Martin, [email protected] by September 22nd, 2018 with
- Contact information to be posted online
Your full name, organization and title. Provide any links to be made available to support your campaign, such as a company website, email address, and/or social media profiles (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter)
- Contact information (for internal/USC-STC use only)
Your email, primary phone and secondary phone numbers.
- Short biography – 200 words maximum – to be posted online
Describe your skills, attributes, experiences and connections that you’ll bring to the USC-STC Board to support the mission of Canada’s national unmanned systems industry association
- Short vision statement – 250 words maximum – to be posted online
Complete the following sentence:
“As a Director for Unmanned Systems, I hope to…”
To review USC-STC’s current Board of Directors, visit https://unmannedsystems.ca/board-of-directors/
The closing date for nominations is end-
Elections to fill the vacant positions will open September 24, 2018.
Members in good standing will receive online voting instructions by email on September 24th, 2018. To vote, you must ensure your USC Membership is current. To renew or purchase your USC-STC membership before September 24th, visit our USC-STC Membership Benefits page or go directly to the USC-STC Member sign up/renewal page.
The voting period closes October 9, 2018.
New Board members will be announced on October 29th, 2018 at this year’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) in Vancouver, BC. The AGM is one day prior to the 16th Annual National Unmanned Systems Canada Conference and Trade Show Innovating Canada – By Air, Land, and Sea held October 30th to November 1st, 2018 at the Westin Bayshore Vancouver. Learn more about #UC18Vancouver HERE
All new board members should plan to attend a transitional board meeting prior to the AGM on October 29th in Vancouver, BC.
Please direct all questions to:
Unmanned Systems Canada/Systémes Telécommandés Canada